I just got home from my first day of school. I still haven’t decided what to make for dinner, so I decided to make this to kill some time. These nuts are sinfully delicious. While you shouldn’t overzealously indulge in them, they do kill a sweet tooth (they also taste great with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk). Hope you like them.
Sinfully Sweet Nuts
- About equal parts of three different kinds of raw nuts (I used about 1 2/3 cups each of walnuts, sliced almonds and hazelnuts. I’ve also done this with walnuts, sliced almonds and pecans. Be creative. Use four varieties, or just one or two. Use your imagination!)
- About 1/2 cup of dried, shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1tsp to 1Tbsp of coconut oil (depends how much nuts you use. I think I used about 1.5 tsp)
- 1tsp pure almond extract and/or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Lots of cinnamon
- Drizzle of honey and/or agave nectar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Throw everything in a mixing bowl and mix.
Layer a cookie sheet with some parchment paper (so your nuts don’t stick.) (That sounded dirty.)
Pour your mix on your cookie sheet.
Flatten the nuts into a flat, single layer.
Bake for 15 minutes (stir, mix about halfway through so they don’t burn) and allow to cool.
Once the nuts have cooled slightly, place them in tupperware. Once they cool completely, they will form little clusters. Soooo good.
These held up fine for a week in tupperware on my kitchen counter. I doubt they’ll last much longer because they’re delicious.