I really wanted some paleo dessert tonight. This recipe is pretty simple and the biscuits are versatile.
Paleo Peach Shortcake
-2.5 c Almond Meal
– .5 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
– .5 heaping teaspoon sea salt
– .5 teaspoon almond extract
– 1-2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
– .25 c coconut oil or butter, softened at room temperature
– 2 eggs
– .25 c coconut or almond milk
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Add wet ingredients and mix. Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-12 minutes.
– 2 12oz packages of frozen peaches
– Ground cinnamon
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1-2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar (optional)
– Butter or coconut oil
Heat a little of your fat of choice. Add peaches and seasonings. Allow liquid to reduce and peaches to warm through.
Cut prepared biscuit in half. Top with peach filling and some coconut cream if you wish (check the coconut cupcake or Super Bowl posts for coconut cream recipe!).