Cauliflower rice is one of our favorite sides. In the beginning, I’ll be perfectly honest, I wasn’t fond of the stuff. I couldn’t get the texture right and it just always came out too soggy and too cauliflowery.
It took some time, but I actually think I’ve perfected (to our tastes!) cauliflower rice.
Below you’ll find a series of videos giving you step-by-step directions on how to rice your cauliflower!!
1. Floret your raw cauliflower (or buy precut)
2. Wash your cauliflower if you haven’t done so already.
3. Pulse your raw cauliflower in a food processor or blender.
4. Heat fat
5. Add “riced” cauliflower
6. Stir in aromatics, seasonings, etcs.
1. Switching up your herbs and seasonings can entirely change the flavor profile of your rice. Have fun with it.
2. No food process or blender? No problem. Take your washed, raw cauliflower florets to a cheese grater (just be prepared for a mess). No cheese grater? Just chop or mince as finely as possible!
Any other questions? Just ask!