These could, quite possibly, be my best invention ever.
My blueberry chai bread is crap compared to these.
This can fix a sweet tooth without getting off your paleo horse. Enjoy!
P.S. I actually measured today!!!!! You’re welcome!
Paleo Coconut Cupcakes (makes 2 dozen)
- 2 Nasty Bananas, mashed (Nasty like they’ve been sitting in your fruit bowl a little too long)
- 3 Cups of Almond Meal
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Baking Powder (or 4 tsps)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 cups of Dried, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes or Dried, Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- .5 cup of Agave Nectar
- ! can of Coconut Milk, Chilled (All you need is the hardened cream + 1 Tbsp of the water or so)
- 1-2 Tbsp Agave Nectar (depending on your preference)
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla, Coconut or Almond Extract (pick your poison)
For the Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with adorable little liners.
In one bowl, mix your nasty bananas, coconut milk, almond extract, vanilla extract, eggs, dried coconut and agave. In another bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet using an electric mixer.
Put the batter into your muffin liners (fill almost to the top).
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool.
For the Frosting
In a bowl, mix your hardened coconut cream (plus a little of the water), agave nectar and your extract of choice using an electric mixer. Allow it to come to a whipped cream-ish consistency.
If you were impatient (like me) and your cream didn’t harden, mix it per the recipe, then throw it back in the fridge.
Top your cupcakes with the frosting. Top with dried coconut or fresh berries if you choose!
Seriously, though. These were effing delish.